Types of Information We Collect on our Web Site & Use of Information
- When you sign up for access to the Insomniac Browser Product, there is a signup form, which collects various information, which may include the following:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Account password
- Email preferences
- Billing Information
Some of the items listed above are optional or may not be requested and additional information may be requested in the future.
- Insomniac Browser collects billing and credit card information through Stripe. This information is used solely to complete the purchase of the license for you to use the Insomniac Browser Product. Credit card numbers are not stored on our servers.
- Insomniac Browser collects electronic communications with you, whether submitted on our blog, contact form, survey, error report or otherwise. The information you send to us via these methods is optional. You can decide not to send this information if you prefer not to do so. For example, if you report an issue with Insomniac Browser, we may collect the following information from you:
- Browser code and signature Browser and OS version
- Extensions and version numbers that are installed.
- A list of open URLs
- User account information (name, email, license type)
- Hardware information
We use this information to assess error reports, provide better service and may also use this information for fraud prevention measures.
- When you visit the Insomniac Browser website and use the Product, we generally collect user statistics including IP addresses, usage patterns (such as time and duration of visits) and information about the browser and operating system the user uses. We use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to track user actions and actively and passively collect information from our users. This information is used for statistical and marketing purposes with the goal of improving user experience with our site and products.
Types of Information We Collect from the Insomniac Browser Software Product & Use of Information
By default we collect information in the browser for the following purposes:
- Improve stability and performance.
- Conduct software license checks and provide premium functionality.
- Inform marketing decisions and messaging.
In addition to the default information we may collect the following optional information if you opt to share it:
There is an option to submit issue reports through the browser (Menu-->Report an Issue). This form asks for your email address, name, a message and optionally allows you to submit a system information report and a screenshot of your screen(s) at the time of the report. The system report and screenshot are optional and easily toggled with a checkbox.
The browser report includes your browser version, operating system, hardware configuration, memory, browser signature and license key. It also includes a list of URLs currently opened in your browser and a list of extensions you have installed. It may also contain a crash report from your operating system if a crash recently occurred. All of this data is sent to Helpscout and may be sent to Atlassian where we use it to help you solve any issues you are having the browser and respond to your inquiry.
Information we do not collect
As important as information that we do collect is information that we do not collect. We never collect your browsing history, any autofill data stored in your browser nor do we allow third parties access to this. In addition, we provide tools in the browser that allow you achieve more private browsing when you are visiting sites that might use trackers or cross site scripting. We also provide anti-fingerprinting features designed to help you further protect your privacy on the web.
More Information on Uses of Personal Information
- Insomniac Browser does not sell, rent or lease its customer’s information to third parties for commercial purposes.
- We frequently run customers surveys which may ask for your opinions and experiences with the product and may also include your account information (username, email address, password and IP address).
- Insomniac Browser may use your contact information to inform you about important information concerning our Product. Additionally, we may contact you for our other products and services. You can always opt out of receiving these types of emails from us as further detailed below in the section titled “Opt-Out & Unsubscribe.”
- Insomniac Browser may share data with trusted third party vendors to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. Insomniac Browser may share your information with third parties who perform tasks required to complete a purchase transaction. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these Services, and they are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Insomniac Browser may use various third party web services to improve your browsing experience including Google's search autocomplete feature and geolocation services. You have the ability to turn off some of these services by clicking Menu→Settings→Advanced Settings
- We do not host advertising on the Insomniac Browser Product. We may occasionally embed content such as product demonstrations from third party sites, such as YouTube, and that content may include ads. While we try to minimize the amount of ads our embedded content contains, we cannot always control what third parties show.
- Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of Insomniac Browser's business assets. In such an event, we will attempt to notify you before your personal information is transferred, but you may not have the right to opt out of any such transfer.
- Insomniac Browser may disclose personally-identifying information or other information we collect about you to law enforcement or other government authorities in response to a subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar government order. We also may disclose such information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property.
Security of your Personal Information
Insomniac Browser takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect our customers’ personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction; maintain data accuracy; and help ensure the appropriate use of personal information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contact Information" section below.
Google OAuth Scopes and Data Collection
By using our extension, you grant us access to the following Google OAuth scopes:
We collect and store your Google profile information, including your name, email address, and profile picture. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to improve the quality of our extension.
We access your Gmail messages for the sole purpose of providing the features of our extension. We do not store your Gmail messages on our servers. However, our extension may temporarily cache message data locally on your device.
Our use and transfer of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements. You can access the Google API Services User Data Policy here.
Children Under Thirteen
Insomniac Browser does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use the Insomniac Browser Product.
Online Tracking and How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference which allows users to opt out of tracking by websites, including analytics services, advertising, and social platforms. Insomniac Browser does not track your online browsing activity on other online services and we do not permit third-party services to track your activity on our website beyond our basic tracking, which you may opt out of. You have the ability to activate “Do Not Track” in the Insomniac Browser Product by clicking on Menu→Settings→Advanced Settings →Privacy → Send a “Do Not Track” request with your browsing traffic.
Please note that each website handles “Do Not Track” requests differently and Insomniac Browser has no control over how other websites handle these requests. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the websites you visit. You can also learn more about opting out from the collection of Web viewing data for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving certain communications. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Insomniac Browser by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any communication or by contacting us by any of the following methods:
Telephone no.: (888-849-0969)
Notice To California Residents
Insomniac Browser does not disclose customers’ personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes and will not do so without our customer’s consent. California law provides its residents with the right to prevent disclosure of personal information for direct marketing purposes. California residents may exercise this right by contacting us through any of the methods set forth above in the section titled “Opt-Out & Unsubscribe.”
Changes to this Policy
Insomniac Browser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change this Policy. If we change the Policy in any material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you via email and by prominently posting such notice on the Product.
Insomniac Browser encourages you to periodically review the Policy to stay informed of our updates. Your continued use of the Product following posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept these changes.